Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

cakes from a pan

I did my bit bringing British tradition to Poland and force-fed Marek pancakes last night. Well, it obviously didn't take that much force-feeding.

Anyway we made so many traditional ones we didn't have room to finish all the fancy shmancy yeasty-appley ones so we had them for breakfast. Something tells me you're not meant to have pancakes on ash wednesday, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

Marek's taking this lent fasting thing deadly serious and is planning to forego alcohol for the duration, as well as cutting down on the evils of meat and fat. Following his admirable lead, I've given up chocolate (as usual) although chocolate Easter eggs aren't so prominent in Poland so I don't have that to look forward to.

40 days isn't all that long right?

Labels: ,

links to this post

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

What are the odds that we'd both write about pancakes within a week of each other?

3:27 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

well it was pancake day :-)

7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.