Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Does every girl really turn into their mum?

The technical ones in my family are my dad and brother. I manage to bluff my way through anything technical I come into contact with, and by the way when I say technical I'm thinking along the lines of working a digital camera or mobile phone rather than something demanding like computer programming or building an atomic bomb, which I imagine are slightly more technically taxing.

My mum is not what you would call technically minded. She does email. She does word processing and she does internet (hi Mum!) She only vaguely does mobile phones, and drives my dad up the wall by letting the battery die, never picking up because it's at the bottom of her handbag or switched off or, more often than not, not even knowing where it is.

This weekend my mum is in the south of France with a gaggle of her friends, undoubtedly getting thrown out of restaurants for bad behaviour and making trouble in local bars. I spoke to her just before she left and as I've been under the weather she was obviously thinking of me and wondering how I was. At least that's what I think her intention was with this sms:

Zér high how s t lut num

I'm not even exaggerating on this one. I'm thinking she needs another lesson with the predictive text. I got the message three times and each time I read it, tried to understand it and gave up. Oh I get the lut num being luv mum and even the how s t could be how r u minus the question mark but
Zér high. Zér high?? Any suggestions??

It was midday so
unless they started reeeally early with the morning cocktails I'm going to attribute it to not being technically minded and leave it at that.

links to this post

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mum sounds fab. Sorry...ur num sunds fab...zer...

12:58 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

She is fab you're right ;)

I just spoke to her and it is all clear. Ready?

'High' was 'hi' except she just pressed the buttons a few too many times... 'zer' was supposed to be 'yes' which was in reply to an sms I'd sent her the day before asking if she'd intended to send me an sms containing nothing but my own telephone number...

She actually knows exactly how to work predictive text, it's just that she was walking up stairs at the time and so didn't press the relevant button...

Ahem.

6:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got to agree, it makes perfect sense, walking up the stairs and texting is difficult,its like trying to tap your head and rub your stomach at the same time.

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.