Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Because nobody wants scaled skin

It was a special day for the English language yesterday.

On my way back from the galleries, I went to our local 5 zloty shop. After picking up and swiftly rejecting some plastic bananas, some gold-sprayed fake roses and a 'magic' cloth (where does it all come from?), I spied some wire baskets.

Since we moved, I've been keeping potatoes and onions in bowls, or more likely in the bags they were bought in, and they've invariably gone rotton, or at least mouldy (fascinating I know). The point is that when I saw the wire baskets I realised they were exactly what I needed and got my purse out.

What I didn't realise until I got home was that now I can be someone who is leading a new feeling of luxury life.

Jealous? I know you are. But wait, it gets better.

These tags are true Engrish examples, from a 5 zloty wire basket bought in Warsaw...


So don't forget kids, cleaning grail will make you healthy, fruit in receiption rooms is luxury and, most importantly, if you put snails in my wire basket the water will be drained.

Labels: ,

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.