Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Friday, September 30, 2005

Language confusion

I find the more languages I try and stuff in my overfilled brain, the longer I have to think before saying anything that makes sense. Words jumble up against each other and the word I need is often on the tip of my tongue, but not quite attainable. It works with sayings too. Like during a recent chat with my little bruv over in Canada.

Becca: Ok, I'm off to boil the kettle. Have a good weekend.
Edd: Thanks, you too.
Becca: Do you even say 'boil the keetle'.?
Edd: I think you can say boil the kettle
Becca: I mean put the kettle on anyway. I need a cup of tea.
Edd: Saying 'boil the keetle' is just confusing though...
Becca: Ha, ha ha. I'm actually sitting here on my own laughing out loud.

Guess you had to be there.

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.