Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Sunday, June 15, 2008

the proposal

I don't know whether it was the eternally romantic atmosphere of Paris; or the emotions tied up with going to a wedding; or the ring burning a hole in his pocket.

Maybe it was simply that he had become sure, as I am, that we are happiest when together; that nothing feels quite right without that sharing, talking and laughing each day; and that if we are linked forever and keep managing to make each other smile and feel that happiness, work through the tough bits and hold on to each other, then life might just turn out alright.

I'd noticed the nervous fidgeting, laughed off the mumbled excuses about important football matches, and followed when led to the bench under the tour. The ring made me gasp, his tender words drew the tears and I realised that nothing could have prepared me for it. It was perfect.

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.