Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bruksela

I turn my head as a mother tells her child to 'chodź tu!' and smile as two girls enter a shop in front of me, discussing last night's 'dyskoteka'.

A group of men standing around a removals van break their conversation as I wander past, but I get snatches of 'strasznie zimne' and 'jutro zobaczymy' as they resume their chat.

Two boys crossing the road in the opposite direction fight over a bag and I hear 'oh! widzisz!' as they drop it.

The one thing I wasn't quite prepared for about Brussels life was the Polishness of it all.

links to this post

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just an everyday scene in brussels:)

but honestly, surprising, innit?

12:04 am  
Blogger pinolona said...

It was like that when I was home for Christmas. I never noticed it before.

5:31 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

It is indeed Pawel, (if you are the same polandian as the one from the comment on koleda!!) I've been meaning to update my links list - polandian is a new discovery that will have to be added asap :)

You too Pinolona, I'm letting the blogging world down...

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.