Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Monday, December 04, 2006

weekend walking

It went by in a flash, but it was a good weekend. They always are in Bonn.

Highlights were the Cologne and Bonn Christmas markets with their excessively good food and drink, row upon row of stands with pretty things to buy, and festive atmosphere. We also got to the Ahr valley and wandered around the Vineyards, tasting a nice Riesling and deliciously sweet peach liqueur along the way. We strolled along the path by the Rhine in the winter sun, watching the rowers and thinking how it was the same as when we moved there originally, ten years ago.

Bits I was less happy with included shouting out 'NAZI!' in a sleepy Ahr valley restaurant, something I repeated a surprising number of times before my hand flew to my mouth with the sudden realisation. Payback for my thoughtlessness was scalding my hand so that I had to walk by the Rhine with an ice pack. The whole catching the plane at 1pm on a Sunday thing was a little annoying too. I guess Germanwings pilots like to avoid landing in the dark or something.

The festive spirit is getting to me already though - bring on the bells!

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.