Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Like a six-year-old the week before Christmas

I am so so so ridiculously excited. You may not realise but I'm twirling around in a dizzy spin of fizziness. Why am I this giddy? I'm finally seeing this incredible goddess next week. I've wanted to see her/skunk anansie in concert for the last ten years and somehow it just never happened. You may not have guessed, but this is a big deal for me. Excited. Very.

Oh, the world tried to bring me down, by getting a mosquito into my room last night (it's October!! You little bastards should all be dead and gone by now) It bit my left wrist, right hand, left cheek and left eyelid, which has swollen my eye half shut. Fun. Didn't work - I'm still excited...

links to this post

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was a spider. THOSE little domesticated bastards are very resilient to adverse weather conditions.

11:27 am  
Blogger Becca said...

Nope, definitely a mosquito, and a hungry one at that. Its annoying hell-whine woke me up at 01.18, 01.48, 02.32, 03.09... I kept turning the light on to kill the little sucker, but it was a hungry, cunning thing that hid as soon as the light was on. Bastard. I'm going to bed with insect repellant on tonight.

11:35 am  
Blogger Becca said...

I assume that's a reaction to the concert tickets rather than the eye I can't see out of :-)

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was a buzzing spider... Never mind.

1:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have a cunning mosquito, My Lord"

Sorry, couldn`t resist.

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a female mosquito...males do not bite :)

3:03 pm  
Blogger beatroot said...

I saw her/them 11 years ago! On Clapham Common. She was doing stage diving. I had never heard of them before. Awesome, as our American coubsins would say. Awesome.

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.