Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Friday, June 09, 2006

Word of the week: MECZ

Make that word of the month... Remember when I had this brainwave, and then promptly failed to follow up on my self-imposed obligations to 2006: Year of the Polish Language? Yeah well, sorry bout that but I was having difficulty finding a suitable follow-up to the magnificant 'Skarbonka'. That word still makes me snort my drink out of my nose with giggles.

Anyway, I have a new kind of word. The sort that fits with Dżem (Jam) Menadżer (Manager) and biznes (come on, you can see that one right?) and a perfect one for today; Poland's first World Cup game which is about to kick off.

MECZ. Say it out loud. Remember in Polish cz is pronounced tch... Now say 'match' with a South African accent. He hee. I'm off to watch a football mecz.

Half time: Not looking good

Full time: Dear, oh dear.

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.