Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Thursday, July 10, 2008

4


Four years ago today I was in a new group, oblivious to him and all he'd change.

Four years ago today I was at the beginning of a short holiday, unaware of the long journey I was starting.

Four years ago today I'd only been across the border to Poland once, knew nothing of the culture, never consciously heard the language.

Four years ago today I was happy living in Belgium, collecting experiences and friends, with no desire to start again, no need to discover another world.

Four years ago today I thought it was a normal day, not realising the days that followed would be different. Transformed.

Four years ago today if you'd told me I'd just met my future husband, I'd have laughed in your face.

Now I can only smile.

links to this post

1 Comments:

Blogger expateek said...

Hi there -- just discovered your blog and I love it! I hope you keep writing regularly.. your style is lovely and your sense of humour superb! Brussels may not feel as strange as Warszawa, but I'm sure there's lots to tell.
Regards, e

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.