Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

what a whiner

It's a damn good job my holidays are coming up, otherwise (WARNING! Over-sized whingey sentence coming up) I might start dwelling on the fact that despite a degree in Psychology and Philosophy, a masters in European law, the experience I got from an internship at an international NGO in Brussels and a second at the European Commission, two EU-financed year-long projects, all the brownie points from volunteering with disabled people, refugees, homeless people and poor communities in various countries, four languages (and a tiny bit of Spanish from evening classes) all my fan-bloody-tastic people skills, not to mention all the writing and editing and the bloody great smile on my face, NOBODY has given me a Proper Job yet.

What's a girl to do?

links to this post

8 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

I think you have the right to whine. You have paid your dues, sister.

Honestly, I think it's just a matter of time until the right job comes along.

1:36 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Breathe Becca Breathe...

4:44 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

Ok, so now I just have to be patient and breathe? *sigh*

8:59 pm  
Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

I whole-heartedly disagree. Find a company you'd like to work for, walk into their personnel department, slap the secretary hard when she tells you that her boss is busy, walk into that office, kick the person in face, tell them your salary demands, drop a business card, and spit on the floor as you walk out.

2:54 am  
Blogger Becca said...

I have a feeling aggression and violence may not work in human rights NGOs Aaron, but I appreciate the suggestion :)

10:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to America and get out of the workers paradise! No pun intended haha.

Sean in houston

8:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I thought you were in England because your posts are in English. Polands economic problems are, as yet, a mystery to me.

Sean again

8:55 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

A mystery to many of us Sean...

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.