Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Summary a.k.a. after not blogging for a week, a lot of random unconnected threads are strangling Becca's brain

Yes, I know I've been a little quiet recently, and yes, I know it's not like me. Things have been, well, mildly hectic sums it up, or maybe fairly overwhelmingly busy would be better.

Not that has hasn't been interesting you understand. I've been writing, editing, reviewing (bars and cafes, now that's what I call a proper job) rushing backwards and forwards between the flat and the printers with exhibition material, and doing a range of fairly random things like a surreal voice test at a recording studio (don't ask, I honestly don't know). I have also been sitting around yet another luxurious Wilanow house this weekend, trying not to feel guilty about doing nothing more strenuous than going for a wander in the sunshine with a lovable old dog and getting paid too much for it.

Most of the Happy this weekend has been thanks to flowers (choosing, buying, smelling, picking, giving and planting them), the prospect of my last day (tomorrow!) at The City Squeal (which I have been wanting to bitch about ever since I started a year ago but have bitten my lip due to the 'don't blog about work' rule) and Marek (obviously. More? OK, because he's Marek and he took me to the theatre like a sweetheart and he's honestly nearly finished his dissertation two years later, and we may finally get to spend a bit more time together in the next week or so).

I also have a new camera. I love it so much I want to write a poem for it. Or seranade it. Seriously, it's a beaut. About 27.3 billion new photos will shortly be up on flickr as evidence of my new obsession.

Also, anyone ever had someone offer you a job, but on the condition you think up a role for yourself...? It's very Polish. And something I'm trying to figure out right now. Give me a minute.

links to this post

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shedding the shackles of the WV? Good for you.
"Free at last, free at last..."

11:00 am  
Blogger Becca said...

It's not that I don't appreciate the job you gave me there ;-) but a year is enough. Definitely enough.

6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.