Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stoopid rain

I totally agree with the nice lady in the market who sold me things today. It's stupid to rain like this in December. Where's the snow? Stupid rain. She used the word głupi (gwoopy) which, if you consult this website means:

1 foolish
2 stupid
3 silly
4 idiotic
5 asinine
6 weak-minded
7 hapless
8 anile
9 trifling
10 insignificant
11 trivial
12 anserine
13 inert
14 tompish
15 mutton-headed
16 oafish
17 dumb
18 slow-witted
19 witless
20 wood-headed
21 addle-brained
22 addle-headed
23 addle-pated
24 fatuous
25 fool
26 idiot
27 numskull
28 addle-brain
29 addle-head
30 goof
31 fathead
32 stupid
33 addle-pate

The fact that 2 and 32 are the same confirms my translation I reckon. I have to say I would never use 14, 15, 23 or 31 to refer to anything, let alone rain, but you get the picture.

It is głupi.

Labels: ,

links to this post

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this translator is much better

www.poltran.com

3:27 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

I really hope that's exactly what it means. The mountains with no snow would be a shame, especially after we get there.

I think we should aim to include one of those words every day of the holidays.

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.