Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A bit of this and a bit of that

It seem I may have alienated all my commenters as I haven't heard so much as a peep since the fart picture, which indicates rather too much about the readership of this blog... The World Cup has taken over and people are spending their days glued to that screen instead of this one.

I've had all these little stories building up, but DEAR LORD things have been a little too much recently.

First there was the manic flat-hunting business which had us running around the whole of Warsaw, seeing places that were a little too small, or a little too noisy, or a little too expensive, or not laid out quite right, or blahdy-blahdy-blah. Then there was the shock and exhilaration of finding our dream flat. The one that ticks all the boxes, the one with high ceilings and a big balcony and spacey rooms and great floors and the one that had me going 'oooooh, I really really really want to live here Marek, let's buy it!' after about two minutes. We spent four hours over the weekend talking to the sellers and sorting things out and now we're in this excruciating period of having to find a notariusz to get some kind of contract signed and a deposit down so that the current owners don't run off and sell it to someone else. It just doesn't bear thinking about.

I would cry.

A lot.

Then there was the additional business of attending another Polish wedding. Damn, it was a good one. Actually, it was an American-Polish wedding, which was even handier because there were translations all over the place. We danced and drank and sang, then did a bit more dancing and made it into bed by 7am.

Finally, after a weekend of far too much excitement and far too little sleep, I was at work on Monday from 09.00 until 21.40. I thought my time had come.

Still, it seems I made it, which is just as well because I HAVE to live in that flat.

links to this post

4 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Er, right. Ta for that.

11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a good notariusz, if you need one still.

Text me and I'll get you the contact details for him.

7:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot: CONGRATULATIONS!! Finding an affordable, likeable, not-too noisy and not-too small flat in Warsaw is becoming a challenge in itself. Woo hoo!! Can I ask which part of Warsaw it's in?

7:46 am  
Blogger Becca said...

Cheers Kinuk, I've emailed you.

It's in Wola/Centrum - ul. Chłodna, in the former Jewish ghetto. I guess we'll get used to the coachloads of Israeli tourists.

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.