Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Thursday, April 12, 2007

How do you eat yours?

Marek's not a big fan of chocolate, something that is obviously as crazy as saying you are not a big fan of breathing. Anyway, I'm all about tolerance, so if he wants to strike out and say chocolate is not his thing, then who am I to call him a freakish specimen of humankind?

I had to get him to try Cadbury's creme eggs though, which I lovingly brought back from England a few weeks ago and saved throughout that tragic chocolate-free period of misery and hunger, otherwise known as lent.

I unwrapped one and offered it to him. 'You first,' he said, eyeing it with distrust. I took a bite of the thick chocolate, feeling it collapse into the gooey sugary centre. I showed Marek the white and yellow middle, and pointed out how clever it was, just like a real egg. He looked at me as if I were a nutter. 'What's it made of?' he asked. 'Sugar' I said, Marek's a big fan of sugar. 'Try it!' I pushed, handing it over.

He took a tentative small bite, then his face lit up with surprise. 'It's good.' he confirmed, taking another, bigger bite. He polished it off, and gave me a look that said 'you're not such a nutter after all.'

I knew he wasn't a lost cause.

Labels:

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.