Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Friday, July 14, 2006

Green eyes

You know the people I envy the most? More than the ones with the big houses and fancy cars, more than the ones with steady jobs and a reliable income, more even than people who can be covered in mosquitoes without being bitten a single time (although only just more than them)... The people who don't sweat.

I mean it. This weather is killing me (and the Poles tell me I'm fitting in very well with their moaning culture - 'it's too hot, it's too cold, it's too wet...') but every time I get on the bus or tram, I see one of THEM.

The girl with her thick long hair skimming her tanned shoulders, legs crossed and not the slightest indication that it's 35 degrees and we're crammed into a hothouse on wheels. I stand behind her, my hair sticking to the back of my neck, t-shirt clinging damply to my back and position myself right under the sun-roof in an attempt to benefit from the slight flow of air.

Or the guy in shorts, tight t-shirt unmarked by patches, sunglasses on a face that's as dry as the day. No rivulets of sweat running down his forehead, no material sticking uncomfortably to his thighs, no need to constantly wipe the back of his neck with a hankie.

How do they do it? I feel like immersing myself in a bath of ice water and not coming out until Sunday (when temperatures are supposed to drop dramatically). Don't get me wrong, at first I was overjoyed - a proper summer! But I just can't deal with it going on for so long and with such a lack of air conditioning, especially when surrounded the people who never sweat.

links to this post

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are probably wiches and can cool them selfs down with magic! ;o)

4:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooooo glad someone else has this envy of the non-perspirers....I've had it for years, they just make the rest of us look bad!

2:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.