Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

quick Polish lesson

The thing that gets me about Polish is, well, everything. It's so damn hard, but specifically the declinations are just never-ending. Every time I learn a new case and what it does to the adjectives and nouns I think I've climbed this mountain and come to the top, whereas in fact I've stepped over a pebble on the hill in the lowlands by the mountain that is the Polish language.
It has its funny moments though. Like when you learn that yes is tak and no is nie. Except that yes is also no, apart from the odd ocassion when no no really does mean no. Got it?

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.