Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Writer's Block

Tongue Tied

I'm finding it really difficult to write.

For years I've written a diary, mindless and less-mindless chatter that's chronicled my ohmigod moments and rants. It started out as a really dull book when I was about 7. As I remember I decided it was vitally important to record exactly what time I went to sleep each night. A procedure that required me to make sure I had absolutely finished writing about my kiss-chase embarassment in the playground, or who sat next to who at lunchtime, before checking the clock, preparing myself to turn out the light, turning out the light and lying in the dark, wondering if it mattered whether I wrote 25 minutes past or 26 minutes past, when in fact it was probably now 27 or even 28 minutes past. The things that worry you when your life is carefree...

And now I have a new problem. I know the boundaries of my diary (none) because nobody will ever read it. But a blog's a little scarier. It's highly probable that not many people will read this either, other than those who stumble on it by accident and dismiss it as amateur mindlessness but still.

I'm feeling my way in the dark at the moment. Please bear with me.

links to this post

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
I'm amazed at how beautiful and cohesive your writing is, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I thought I'd go back to your beginning blogs to see what they were like (since I'm a beginner), but they still have those wonderful qualities.

I guess it doesn't matter if someone stumbles across the blogs as long as someone *does* and is enriched in the process.

Thanks,

Jeannie

7:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.