Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Friday, August 11, 2006

Beka

I have discovered a possible reason for the Poles' dislike of my nickname Becca.

Double c doesn't exist in Polish so Becca would be heard as Beka.

Beka is the third person form of the verb Bekac.

Rather than translate Bekac into English, I thought you might appreciate a sentence using the word...

'Becca beka' is Polish for 'Becca burps'.

And on that note I'm leaving for a few days... talk amongst yourselves, and prepare for lots of gushing about babies when I get back - I'm off for a family party in the deepest darkest northerly part of England. Toodle pip.

links to this post

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Beka" means also (in school slang) : to have big lauch (�miech)

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.