Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Monday, March 06, 2006

Skype

If I knew where the guy who came up with skype lived (I'm pretty sure it's a guy rather than a gal, but correct me if I'm wrong) I would bake a big cake, take it over and feed it to him, while explaining to him exactly what kind of genius he is. It has to be one of the best inventions ever.

Last night I had a first-time conference call with the folks in Brussels and my little bruv in Toronto. Sure, my dad was echoing so much he sounded like the Voice Of God (VOICE VOice voice voice, OF OF Of of GOD GOd God god) in a low budget movie, and Edd was so quiet he had to repeat every sentence, but we blame the absence of decent headsets. Wow. I can have a free conversation with my immediate family which is curently spread over several thousand kms all at the same time! Genius!

links to this post

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

It began in Estonia but has since been bought out by eBay.

It is an expat's dream program, though, innit?

9:39 am  
Blogger Warsaw Crow said...

The first floor of Empik on Marszalkowska carries a surprisingly decent range of headsets if you're looking for an upgrade.

10:03 am  
Blogger Becca said...

An expat's dream to the power of 10.

Unfortunately crow, my headset is the only one in decent condition. It's in Toronto and Brussels that they need Empik...

10:32 am  
Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

The people you're talking to might not even be using a headset. I always get an echo when I talk to my parents because they like putting me on "speakerphone."

11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.