Boo

Les gens qui ne rient jamais ne sont pas des gens sérieux

Be who you are and say what you mean, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

broodiness is just not helpful at this point

We were just trying to decide whether Marek's parents should buy exactly the same lamp as we have for the kitchen, or one slightly different but for the same price, when a familiar face appeared out of the crowds.

'Oh hi!' we said, as the people we bought our flat from came closer, the man holding his infant daughter and the woman pushing a laden trolley. While Marek filled them in on recent events, I made silly faces at the baby and smiled back when I got a giggle.

We chatted about the flat next door, which has come on the market at an extortionate price, and they tried to discourage any thoughts of buying it. As I was telling them we were thinking of getting in contact with the owner anyway just to chat even if nothing came of it, I caught the baby's eye again and smiled. She beamed at me, and leaning out of her father's arms, held her little pudgy ones out to me. I tried not show how touched I was, balanced her on my hip and told her what a big girl she was. We chatted for a few more minutes and then went back to Sunday afternoon ikea, the little girl waving bye bye until she was out of sight.

That lovely feeling of someone reaching out to be closer kept me warm all afternoon.

links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.